Our Corporate Solutions Team
Tranq Sleep Care Network is a group of high quality sleep specialists who envision helping people sleep better and keeping in line with a common goal of:
A Tranquil Sleep for a Healthier You
Our team is made up of diverse backgrounds and specialties.
Our team includes:
- Registered Holistic Nutritionist
- Certified Integrative Adult Sleep Coach
- Sleep specialists
- Registered Polysomnographic Sleep Technologists
- Certified Clinical Sleep Health Educators
- Certified Canadian Counselor
Dr. Wayne Lai
Dr. Wayne Lai currently holds the following certifications and credentials:
Dr. Wayne Lai is a Neurologist and a Sleep Specialist. Dr. Wayne Lai has practiced medicine both in the United States and Canada since 2006. Dr. Wayne Lai completed his internal medicine training at Seton University in South Orange, New Jersey, USA and his Neurology and Sleep Medicine training at Case Western Reserve University – University Hospital of Cleveland, in Cleveland Ohio, USA. In 2010 he returned to Canada and opened his practice in Kelowna, BC.
- Diplomat, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Board certified in Neurology in 2008 and Sleep Medicine in 2009.
- Diplomat, CSCN (EMG).
- Previous medical director of the Sleep Lab at White River Health System, Arkansas USA, from 2007 – 2010.
- Previous medical director of the Kelowna General Hospital Sleep Lab in Kelowna, BC.
- Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Medicine at University of British Columbia.
Clinical Sleep Health Coach
Alena Krizek currently holds the following certificates and credentials:
Alena Krizek is the Founder of Community Sleep Coach Inc. in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.
Alena first entered the field of sleep medicine in 1996. She works diligently as a dedicated sleep health professional who is passionate about helping people achieve optimal physical and mental well-being through improved sleep.
Alena holds the following credentials:
- Certified Clinical Sleep Health Educator.
- Registered Polysomnographic & Electroencephalographic Technologist.
- Associate’s Degree in Electroneurophysiology from the British Columbia Institute of Technology.
Alena is also a member of:
- The Canadian Sleep Society.
- World Sleep Society & American Association of Sleep Technologists and she is a delegate for World Sleep Day.
In her current role as Community Sleep Coach, Alena devotes her time and expertise as a sleep health educator, consultant & advocate; raising awareness and educating the public about the importance of sleep and dangers of sleep deprivation.
Community Sleep Coach services include sleep health education/information, sleep assessments and counselling.
For more details, please visit the website at www.communitysleepcoach.com
Registered Holistic Nutritionist
Roxanne Brooke currently holds the following certificates and credentials:
Roxanne believes strongly in a holistic approach to health, one that really considers the root cause of imbalance, disorder or disease. In working with clients it is always her goal to educate and empower. She resides in Vancouver, BC, and is a mother of two.
- Registered Holistic Nutritionist
- Certified Integrative Adult Sleep Educator – Certified in CBT-I
- She studied at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition and is about to receive her Certificate in Clinical Sleep Health
She has a private practice, FoodForSleep Holistic Consulting, where she supports her clients in improving sleep quality through diet as well as lifestyle and behavioral strategies.
Clinical Counsellor & Psychotherapist
Ashley Phillips currently holds the following certificates and credentials:
Ashley Phillips is a Clinical Counsellor & Psychotherapist living in the beautiful city of Kelowna.
Prior to her Masters she lived at the world-renowned Kripalu Centre for Yoga & Health in Massachusetts and studied with world-class leaders in the field of yoga, meditation, and health & wellness.
Ashley primarily works with people living with anxiety and those who stress eat or have a binge eating disorder. Due to their anxiety, many of her clients have trouble sleeping at night.
- Masters of Education (Counselling) from Acadia University
- Trained in EMDR and Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
Together, we will get to the psychological root of what keeps them up at night along with creating a solid nighttime routine.